Our Meeting LocationResearch Triangle Park at the Redwoods Training Center
2801 Slater Rd #220 Morrisville, NC 27560
(Ongoing while funding is available)
Objective: Increase workforce Development and sustainability to Family Partners and Youth Peer Mentors.
It is the expectation of NCFU and the NC State Collaborative for Children, Youth and Families that applicants that pass the Family Partner Exam work as a Family Partner in NC for a period of 3 years. This work can be in the form of paid employment or volunteer. You must have a supervisor overseeing and critiquing performance. Scholarship awardees will be invited annually to report to the state collaborative on their experiences as a Family Partner annually. This report may be in the form of a written report verified by a supervisor, or an in person presentation and update.
Issue: Financial support for youth-accountability
It is agreed to set aside $7,500 to $10,000 to support educational opportunities for youth.
NC State Collaborative – Training and Technical Assistance Workgroup has funding available to contract with an organization or private independent contractor to 1.) Strengthen System of Care practice across North Carolina/Workforce Development and Accountability, and 2.) Help sustain System of Care in North Carolina.
These requests stem from funding out of the Child Family Team online Training. These funds will be used to expand family and youth voice, strengthen system of care practice and principles beyond existing capacity, and to fortify SOC sustainability in the new cross system, evidence based practice, managed care climate. In an effort to strengthen System of Care practice across North Carolina and increase SOC workforce activities are as follows:
A. Strengthen System of Care Practice Across North Carolina
1. Community scan—develop an expected and sustainable framework of practices against which communities can be assessed and barriers identified–$35k
2. Streamline and decrease duplicated training silos.
3. Summarize current funding streams–$12.5k
B. Increase SOC cross system workforce.
1. Training of supervisors and facilitation training with connection to fidelity check, TA/coaching. Include Trauma-informed SOC, CFT II, and Webinar TA (Meck)–$75k
2. Support and sustain ongoing operation of family led groups–$12.5k
3. Administration and maintenance costs–$35k