We Are For Children, Youth, and Families
Our MissionThe North Carolina State Collaborative for Children, Youth, and Families, through a System of Care framework, provides a forum for collaboration, advocacy and action among families, public and private child and family serving agencies and community partners to improve outcomes for all children, youth and families.
Our VisionChildren, youth and families are healthy, safe and successful at home, in school and in their communities.
What is the State Collaborative for Children, Youth, and Families?The State Collaborative:
- Provides a forum for the discussion of issues regarding how agencies, youth, and families can work together to produce better outcomes for children, youth and families.
- Develops recommendations regarding the coordination of services, funding, training and local reporting requirements to eliminate duplication and make the system more consumer friendly.
- Includes representatives of a range of state and local agencies, youth, families, and advocates.
- Provides support for local Collaboratives and Child and Family Teams.
- Leadership: Co-chair JoAnne Scaturro (Agency), Co-chair Stacy Justiss (Family Member), Vice Co-Chair Dawn Manus (Agency), Vice Co-Chair Chandrika Brown (Family Member/Family Partner)
- Family Members
- Family Run Organizations
- Youth Led Groups
- Agency representatives from Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities, and Substance Abuse Services (MH/
- DD/SAS), Division of Social Services (DSS), Department of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (DJJDP),
- Exceptional Children’s Branch at the Department of Public Instruction (DPI), Medical Assistance and the
- Governor’s Crime Commission, Administrative office of the Courts, Public Health
- Professional Associations
- Private Providers
- Advocacy Groups
- Representatives from local collaborative groups
- North Carolina Collaborative for Children, Youth & Families Charter
Meeting Time and PlaceThe State Collaborative meets on the second and fourth Fridays of the month from 10:00am-12:00noon at Research Triangle Park, Redwoods Training Center 2801 Slater Road #220 Morrisville, NC 27560
- Location of both meetings is subject to change.
Contact Agency: Co-Chair-Joanne Scaturro: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (919) 601-7835 Family Co-Chair- Stacy Justiss: Email: email@example.com Phone: (276) 274-7068